Integration with HomeSeer on Raspberry Pi 3

Discussions about how to control LumenCache with smart phones, tablets, and control systems like Savant, Crestron, RTI, Elan g, AMX, Universal Remote (URC), Bitwise Controls, etc. The LumenCache ImPuck and the iPhone/Android app is also discussed here. Protocol specifics are typically discussed in the private dealer forums.
cottoa00

Integration with HomeSeer on Raspberry Pi 3

Post by cottoa00 »

Have added Raspberry Pi3 (Linux) running HomeSeer3 Pro (HS3) to LumenCache panel and connected to PDM using the optional RS232 -> RS485 cable.

Currently are only using the scripting feature of HS3 to evaluate technologies... perhaps followed by a full Mono based plug-in.

Got the iPhone HSTouch client driving the system including the Linux voice activation tools as opposed to cloud based Alexa or Siri.
Had an issue when tried to get HSTouch client running on a standalone Pi touch screen display. HomeSeer does not seem to be supporting Linux as they are pushing more toward Win10 IoT Core ;-(

Finally dropped trying to get the HSTouch client running on Linux and went to Node Red to build a simple UI... works well and I prefer a web based client vs an installable app.

Issue I am having at this point is; there does not seem to be a LumenCache API call to set the lights to their current "restore" level... what would be the one tap on the physical swithces. You have to pass a specific light level 0-255. My sense is that dimming should be done by hardware switches in the room to determine appropriate dim level. Once set that is triggered by the single switch tap... but there is no corresponding API call?

I realize that I can query the level and then pass that but that is more cumbersome for HomeSeer scripting. Is there an API command I've missed?

dc

Re: Integration with HomeSeer on Raspberry Pi 3

Post by dc »

The API of the WP1 currently does not use the Event model so it does not allow triggering of switch events. The new firmware and gateway will include these features.

cottoa00

Re: Integration with HomeSeer on Raspberry Pi 3

Post by cottoa00 »

Will be finishing a YouTube video on our experience automating LumenCache using a raspberry pi automation controller. Includes a discussion of why we switched from HomeSeer to NodeRed including code samples of key NodeRed "flows".