Upgrade project

Start a discussion thread about your project. We recommend descriptive titles like "Solar and Passive House in Denver" or "Smith farmhouse upgrade 2014". Attach photos and screenshots of the system design to help newcomers learn more.
Ricardo Lopez

Upgrade project

Post by Ricardo Lopez »

The year was 2015 in early October, right after the Solar Decathlon in Irvine California (Casa del Sol). Had the lumencache system installed in my garage to power the kitchen, living room, 1 bedroom (with closet light), and 1 exterior sensored light. Only the bedroom lights has a problem, but everything has worked great since then. I need the help to now fully install the system, but my last installer has disappeared. Appreciate any help or guidance for this upgrade. I have attached a few images.
Attachments
PDU.jpg
Legacy unit.jpg
Wire layout.JPG

dc

Re: Upgrade project

Post by dc »

Thanks for posting the project. Early adopters can be assured of full factory support and warranty. This is a great learning project for a dealer looking to become certified to sell and support LumenCache. We will provide the materials under warranty to upgrade the system components to the L2- line. I'll get the word out in the industry to find some installers in your area you can choose from.

I noticed you have about 5 bulb-style fixtures (L-SV) drivers and a 12VDC power supply. The new L2- line is based on 24-48V supply in the panel. If you have a solar panel and battery at 24-48V on the house you can tap directly into that battery without the AC/DC converter.

We have new 20-40VDC E12 C35 base bulbs and 20-60VDC bulbs for E26 bases including A19 and ST64 bulb styles. See the News Forum for bulb specs.

Ricardo Lopez

Post by Ricardo Lopez »

Appreciate the information and look forward to planning out the details. I definitely will look into the solar/battery option. Thanks.

Ricardo Lopez

Post by Ricardo Lopez »

I will upload some pictures later of the false ceilings, that house all the low voltage cabling. I really would like to explore LED digital lighting options (at least powering them - control through another system), makes the false ceilings light create a nice ambience. Also want to see outdoor lighting options too.