Control4 Driver/Integration

Discussions about how to control LumenCache with smart phones, tablets, and control systems like Savant, Crestron, RTI, Elan g, AMX, Universal Remote (URC), Bitwise Controls, etc. The LumenCache ImPuck and the iPhone/Android app is also discussed here. Protocol specifics are typically discussed in the private dealer forums.
dthardy

Control4 Driver/Integration

Post by dthardy »

there is an old driver from Houselogix. but is there a new one that is more up to date?

dc

Re: Control4 Driver/Integration

Post by dc »

The new gateway being field tested in January will emulate a Lutron system so dozens of control systems can have instant compatibility. A Lutron driver will not support all the extra features a LumenCache system has over Lutron but you gain instant integration including auto-identification of device names.

dc

Post by dc »

Turns out the HouseLigix driver is just fine. It uses the Control4 lighting objects. https://www.houselogix.com/shop/lumenca ... er-license

CesarEstrada

Post by CesarEstrada »

A few years ago there was a Houselogix driver for control4- compatible for Lumencache Inc.

They have it available, and on what page can I find it?

Thank you very much and greetings

Cesar EE

dc

Post by dc »

ChowMainSoft writes most of the Control4 drivers now. They said "nobody is asking for LumenCache drivers" so we just need to collectively explain the market is there for the driver. With the new MQTT interface in the EGW, there's probably lots of interfaces that will work now. I can make the JSON code match an existing driver that does Brightness and Hue. Eventually we'll have enough products and traction to get everyone's attention

If ChowMainSoft gets enough requests from dealers they will build the drivers for popular control systems. I recommend everyone reach out to them and estimate how many homes or drivers you think you'll use over the next 1-3 years.

http://www.chowmainsoft.com/contact-us